- The Tropicana Twister are planning a promotional campaign to encourage the drinking of orange and fruit juices in the late afternoons – an occasion when many people reach for a soft drink.
- Describe how the organization can establish links between cultural, consumption-specific, and product-specific values gather useful knowledge for planning its campaign. (15 marks)
- Suggest how the organization can enhance the following consumer knowledge to gain competitive advantage. (25 marks)
- Product Knowledge
- Purchase Knowledge
- Consumption and Usage Knowledge
- Persuasion Knowledge
- Identify five friends or respondents who have recently purchased a new model of cell phone (with some features that they consider to be “new”). Arrange to interview each of the individuals, one-at-a-time. Design appropriate questions before you conduct the interview. (60 marks)
Students should design their questions get the following information from their interview with their respondents. Then, write- up your interview for each of your respondent.
- Needs recognition
- Search for information
- Pre-purchase evaluation of alternatives
- Post-consumption evaluation
Example of questions
- Why did you select this cell phone over other cell phones that you were looking at or considering?
- Do you currently like the phone for the same reasons that you purchased, or have you found other reasons why you particularly like it?
This exercise gives students a great chance to converse about something important to mobile market consumer while using important concepts related to innovations and the diffusion process.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.