Osteoporosis is a bone disease marked by brittle and fragile bones. In this assignment, you will explore this disease in more detail using the scenario below.
During a recent visit with a female relative, the relative informs you that she has been diagnosed with osteopenia, a precursor to osteoporosis. In order to help your relative, you decide to research this disease further.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Research this disease using a minimum of 2 sources. You can use your textbook for one of the sources. Choose the remaining source(s) from the Virtual Reference Library provided on the Structure and Function of the Human Body library guide page.
- In a minimum of 2 pages (not counting the references page), address the following:
- Explain how osteoporosis develops and the potential causes.
- Describe the ways that your relative can prevent the onset of osteoporosis.
- Include a references page at the end of your document, formatted using the APA guidelines, that lists your research sources.
In this discussion, we begin by introducing ourselves. Please post at least one paragraph describing yourself, your academic, and other interests, and anything else you’d like to share with your classmates.
Then, in a few sentences, let us know what you learned about yourself as a writer in English 101, and what you hope to improve upon in this class. Feel free to share with us anything about your experience in English 101.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.