MUST BE NEW 100% Plagiarism free Work. Never been used before on anyone else. Must be APA Format
This is the assignment:
Understanding how to properly value a vanilla bond is essential for finance. Find two companies with debt and that pay dividends. You can use the following stock screener to find a company: http://www.google.com/finance/stockscreener. Add the criteria of long-term debt to assets to ensure the company has debt. Add the criteria of dividend per share. Find both company’s financial pages at: http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml. Look at the long-term debt on the balance sheet. Determine the coupon price, the length until maturity and the yield to maturity. Calculate today’s price of the bond.
· List the pertinent information on the bond you chose and then calculate the price of one bond from both companies.
· Which bond is receiving the higher price? Explain your answer.
· From a time value of money frame of mind, what does each rate say about the viewpoint on the time value of money?
· Which company has a better credit rating? Explain your answer.
· Based on the credit rating, which company do you believe the bank feels more secure will pay back the loan? Explain your answer.
· Why does the bank charge more interest for one company than another?
· What does the credit rating say to an investor?
· Which bond looks is more financially attractive? Explain why you chose the answer you did.
I created an outline of how MY SPECIFIC paper should look:
Introduction on what a vanilla bond is
· List 2 companies with debt that pay dividends: (used this website: http://www.google.com/finance/stockscreener.)
o AFLAC Incorporated (AFL)
o Best Buy Co. Inc (BBY)
· Create Table: (using this website: http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml.)
o List criteria of long-term debt to assets
o List criteria of dividend per share
o Put long term debt on balance sheet
o Put coupon price
o Put length until maturity and yield to maturity
o Put today’s price of the bond
· Will list pertinent information on the bond chosen and will put calculations of one of the bonds from both companies
· Will explain which bond is receiving the higher price
· Thinking about time value of money, I will explain what each rate says about the viewpoint on the time value of money
· Will explain which company has a better credit rating and why
· Based on what the credit rating is, I will explain which company I believe the bank feels more secure about paying back a loan.
· I will explain here why the bank charges more interest for one company than another
· I will explain what a credit rating says to an investor
· I will explain which bond looks more financially attractive and will also explain why I chose the answer I did
· Conclusion paragraph
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.