Select one of the articles you were provided with for this week and write a brief summary of the main ideas presented (200 words). apa format, list 2 references
- A summary is a concise paraphrase of all the main ideas in an essay or article.
- Following the summary of the article you selected formulate an open-ended question that would generate a discussion on the topics covered this week. The questions should lead discussions and not answered in a yes or no format. Your classmates will a short response essay to your question.
Here are examples of open ended questions from the Module 1 Readings:
- As a health provider, physician, nurse how can learning (reading/writing) narratives influence their work in providing health care?
- What is the significance of narrative medicine?
- How long should a health provider spend with a patient to listen to their stories. Explain your response
- How does narrative medicine affect the sick, or people with health issues?
Research the health-illness continuum and its relevance to patient care. In a 750-1,000 word paper, discuss the relevance of the continuum to patient care and present a perspective of your current state of health in relation to the wellness spectrum. Include the following:
- Examine the health-illness continuum and discuss why this perspective is important to consider in relation to health and the human experience when caring for patients.
- Reflect on your overall state of health. Discuss what behaviors support or detract from your health and well-being. Explain where you currently fall on the health-illness continuum.
- Discuss the options and resources available to you to help you move toward wellness on the health-illness spectrum. Describe how these would assist in moving you toward wellness (managing a chronic disease, recovering from an illness, self-actualization, etc.).
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.