Fill out this worksheet by filling out the information for each contaminant:
Find products in your home or surroundings that contain the following substances: heavy metals, harmful solvents, volatile organic compounds or vapors, pesticides, and radiation. Be creative in your search; the products can be household items or those that you are exposed to on a daily basis. You must find a total of 10 contaminants. Include at least one contaminant from each category.
- Classify the contaminant as a heavy metal, harmful solvent, volatile organic compound or vapor, pesticide, or radiation.
- Identify the source or sources of the contaminant.
- Describe how the contaminant affects plants and humans.
- Identify how the contaminant is absorbed–routes of exposure–and distributed–transport.
- Identify the toxic response, or symptoms.
- Describe how the contaminant is eliminated, or detoxification.
Observe a healthcare environment, focusing on areas of the nursing process that are inefficient, unsafe, or problematic in nature. Diagnose the problem and choose a nursing change theory that suits the change(s) you want to make. Propose a detailed plan based on your chosen change theory, explaining how to implement change.
Develop criteria to evaluate the effectiveness of the plan and include a timeline for your change proposal. Finally, reflect on how your change affects the nursing profession.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.