You work for a pharmaceutical company where you are assigned the task of creating new drug therapies to treat thyroid disorders such as hyperthyroidism (high levels of T3 and T4) and hypothyroidism (low levels of T3 and T4). Your team has designed a few drugs, and your job is to identify which drug(s) would be successful in treating thyroid disorders based on your knowledge of thyroid hormone synthesis.
Below is the list of drugs your team designed (all of these are hypothetical drugs).
- Peroxidine: A drug that inhibits thyroid peroxidase from functioning
- Cimigine: A drug that inhibits potassium/iodine cotransporter
- Iodimine: A drug that inhibits iodinase from functioning
- Aldosine: A drug that inhibits production of angiotensinogen from the liver
- Aldoramine: A drug that inhibits sodium/iodine cotransporter
- Thyromine: A drug that stimulates thyroglobulin production Identify the drug(s) that would be successful in treating hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism, and explain why and how they would be successful. Be detailed in your explanation and support your answer with facts.
(Please use in-text citations and add references at the end in APA format)
Thank you 🙂
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.