Concept: Describe group polarization. Why does it occur?
SUMMARY: Write a short paragraph (between 5-10 sentences) that summarizes the concept.
PERSONALIZE: You will now personalize this concept by explaining a story from your own life. Write 2-3 paragraphs (1/2 – 1 page). This is a confidential assignment and will be between you and the instructor. Feel free to share your ideas. (Does the knowledge presented change your prior perception? Would you have acted differently? )This is your chance to apply the material. Your instructor will gauge your understanding based upon this discussion.
These topics are from learning objectives presented within the chapter:
- Define social psychology. Explain how individuals present themselves to fit together with their situation, interact with others, and the social processes involved at the group and global level.
- Describe the sociocultural perspective. What does your book describe as the “central legacy” of the sociocultural perspective?
- Describe the evolutionary perspective. How are evolutionary factors and sociocultural factors interdependent influences of social behavior?
- Describe the social learning perspective. What is the connection between the social learning and sociocultural perspectives?
- Describe the social cognitive perspective. Why is the social cognitive perspective the most influential perspective in modern social psychology?
- Explain the extent to which people accurately perceive sex differences and why. Why do people act in line with sex stereotypes?
- Explain how self-esteem functions as a “sociometer.”
- List the three component subgoals for which we evaluate ourselves and others
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!