Suggested Financial Targets:
Achieve $100M in sales
Operating Margin of 10%
Current COGS for products sold by potential partner companies:
Freewire (15kw) = $21K/unit
Portable Electric (5kw) = $16K/unit
- Describe with some detail the Generator industry.
- What is the overall market size of the industry?
- For this industry, identify the primary competitive forces using the 5 forces model
- Who are the main competitors and what are their relative advantages?
- What are the likely disruptions in the market, including potential new entrants, technology disruptions and changes in customer behavior?
- Who are the customers and what are their key buying factors? Who are the decision makers?
- What are customers currently buying and how do they buy it (financing, rental, etc.)?
- What is the size and growth potential of the market segment that would be created for the new product?
- What is SBD’s competitive advantage/disadvantage? Distribution channels, brand, technology, other resources?
- With reference to the value chain, identify the key activities and interrelationships that SBD needs to exploit to develop the new product.
- What portion of existing player’s customer base might switch to SBD? In what time frame?
- Identify the barriers to imitation that SBD can exploit and leverage
- Going to the Market:
- Suggest the best route to the market for SBD?
- How do SBD’s capabilities match those needed to penetrate the market? Can any missing skills be acquired or developed organically?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!