Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper outlining the critical need for public stewardship in budgeting. Detail the needs and methods for training public officials and staff members for ethical public budget preparation and maintenance strategies. Make sure to include:
- Detail the need and importance of public stewardship in budgeting
- Ethical requirements for leaders to consider for proper public stewardship
- Consequences of unethical or poor public stewardship
Consider utilizing a recent current events article for reference to a recent incident of unethical public stewardship of budgetary monies.
Include at least two academic sources in your paper, including one from the University Library.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Benchmarking compares services provided with those provided by other organizations. This technique can be applied at many levels from the system to the unit level. Review your textbook for a discussion on this topic and also visit the University library for current articles on Benchmarking. After reading and reflecting on this information, post a response including your ideas on the following questions:
- Discuss how the nurse manager might use benchmarking to compare the unit with other departments in terms of productivity, budgeting, educational activities, and shared governance.
- How does benchmarking improve “team” performance?
- How does it promote healthy competition and unit pride?
- How can benchmarking be used in your plan of action?
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!