You are the night manager for a large independent bar and grill located in the downtown zone of a large metropolitan area. Your establishment serves lunch and dinner 7 days a week and has a standard bar license for service of alcohol. Business is very good on weekend nights and during lunch service. However, Monday through Thursday nights have become alarmingly slow. The general manager and ownership have asked you to come up with a marketing proposal based on a marketing mix that will utilize the tools discussed in the readings, to increase business during the evenings Monday through Thursday.
- Create a memo of 2,000–2,500 words for submission to them proposing activities and promotions for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday that will generate the desired increase in business with outcomes stated in measurable objectives (e.g., 25% increase in food and beverage revenues). The activities should be unique to each of the 4 nights of the week and should promote menu items and beverage specials offered by your establishment.
- You will also create a 500-word press release for dissemination to the public and local press promoting the new activities and unique item specials for each night.
Your memorandum should be 2,000–2,500 words, double-spaced, in 12-pt. Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins. Your memo should be 500 words. There should be limited spelling and grammatical errors. You must incorporate at least 1 outside resource with proper APA citations.
You work as a planner in strategic acquisitions for Marriott Corporation. You and your colleagues work on developing growth plans that senior executives use for consideration in small and large chain acquisition strategy. Marriott has grown in recent years by acquiring chains that allow it to gain market share in areas it might have been perceived as under-represented in. In evaluating growth opportunities your team drafts a memo for your supervisors that describes the brands Marriott currently operates that offer on-site dining options. Your portion of the memo outlines all of the properties in terms of the dining options associated with each brand so your supervisors can understand which growth opportunities may exist on the food side of brand growth.
- Research Marriott Corporation’s eight luxury brands and the main on-property, non-room service dining options each offers and draft your portion of the memo which outlines them.
- For the outline of properties and dining options, provide descriptions of the concepts and service styles common amongst each of the eight luxury brands
- 2000-2500 words; professional memorandum format
- File upload, 12 pt. font, 1-inch margins
- Limited spelling and grammatical errors
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.