Planning Discriminant Analysis or Logistic Regression Analysis
In this project task, you will formulate a research question for your study that would be compatible with the use of either a discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis of selected data.
For this assignment, write a response to the following points:
- Identify one dependent variable (DV) or criterion variable and three predictor variables from your selected variable set that would fit the requirements of discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis. Create new variables if you don’t have exactly what you would need to do this type of analysis.
- State your research question in a manner compatible with the selected type of classification analysis.
- Elaborate on your design for using discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis for your study. Describe and justify the methods you propose for each of the following (discuss any possible concerns or limitations in the proposed methods):
- Determining sufficient sample size: Specify considerations for the selected alpha level, desired power, desired effect size, and the validation checks you may plan.
- Selecting a sample: How would you ensure representativeness?
- Performing statistical analyses: Include the method to be used and validation checks.
- Screening data and evaluating assumptions: Are any data transformations or modifications required? If yes, describe.
- Interpreting the outcomes in relation to the stated hypothesis(es).
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!