Identify the ethical dilemma, legal violation, and moral issue in the scenario from an APN perspective as an educator, administrator, or a practitioner
Using the options below based on your specialization, create an ethical and legal decision-making dilemma involving an advanced practice nurse in the field of administration, education, or a nurse practitioner:
- Administration Dilemma – Healthcare Needs versus Resource Allocation
- Education Dilemma – Nursing Student’s Religious Beliefs versus Provision of Care
- Practice Dilemma – Honesty versus Withholding Information
Apply relevant codes of conduct that apply to the practice of nursing and your chosen field.
Describe one ethical principle and one law that could be violated and whether the violation would constitute a civil or criminal act based on facts.
Construct a decision that demonstrates integrity and that would prevent violation of the ethical principle and prevent the law from being violated.
List three recommendations that will resolve advanced practice nurses’ moral distress in the dilemma you have presented. Support your paper with a minimum of three scholarly references.
This Assignment should be 3–4 pages in length, exclusive of cover page and references.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary;
- utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors; and
- review APA formatting and citation information found in the Writing Center, online, or elsewhere in the course.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics; and
- use APA 6th edition formatting and citation style.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!