EACH DISC NEEDS TO HAVE TWO PEER REVIEWED REFERENCES…must have substantial information each discussion as this is a masters course
After completing the readings for this unit, reflect on a social work practice you have observed in your work as a professional social worker. Describe a situation in which you observed a leader demonstrating transformational leadership characteristics; you may use a personal experience, if pertinent. Then answer the following:
- What was the situation?
- What transformational leadership characteristics were demonstrated?
- How did those characteristics impact the situation?
Describe a situation in which you observed a social work leader applying concepts of conflict theory.
- What elements of conflict theory were they applying?
- What was the outcome?
DIVERSITY AND SUPERVISION
After reviewing the readings for this unit on clinical supervision, and recalling the readings from Unit 1 on transformational leadership, identify a situation in your social work practice where some aspect of diversity has been present between a supervisor and supervisee.
- Describe the situation.
- Identify a minimum of two RCQ techniques that could be used in the situation.
- Describe how you, as a supervisor, would use the techniques with the supervisee.
- Describe how transformational leadership skills could be used in the situation.
CLINICAL SUPERVISION AND TECHNOLOGY
As a social work professional, you will have the opportunity to use technology frequently in your practice. Consider how you might use technology within the context of social work supervision.
- What are the benefits and challenges of incorporating technology into clinical supervision?
- Describe ways that supervisors may use technology ethically.
- Describe unethical situations involving technology that could potentially occur in social work supervision.
- What is (or will be) the most difficult aspect of using technology as a supervisor?
- How might you address this challenge?
Group and peer supervision is a popular method of supervisory support. There are benefits and challenges to using this method of supervision.
- Describe an occasion in which you participated in group supervision as a supervisee/participant. What was that experience like for you?
- What are the benefits and challenges of group supervision as a supervisor?
- What elements of diversity might influence the practice of a supervisor?
- What leadership skills might a supervisor use in group/peer supervision that advance social well-being?
POWER AND LEADERSHIP IN SUPERVISION
In the readings this week you have learned about different types of power. Consider the types of power (for example, legitimate, reward, coercive, et cetera.) that supervisors experience.
- In your view, which type of power is most beneficial in building and maintaining a successful supervisory relationship? Why do you think so?
- Provide an example of a time you have seen this type of power used successfully in supervision.
- Which type of power might most hinder the development of a successful supervisory relationship? How?
- Provide an example of a time you have seen this type of power hinder supervision.
- As a supervisor, how would you use power successfully to build and maintain relationships with others?
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.