Please answer the following questions.
This is not an essay, just copy each question and provide your answer below it. You should write approximately one paragraph per question. Don’t forget to paraphrase and cite your sources, including the eText.
- Which party has the burden of proof in this case? Why?
- Explain the union’s argument that, since George Washington’s birthday holiday had occurred before the agreement was ratified, employees were entitled to holiday pay.
- Explain the company’s argument that the parties agreed to make the effective date retroactive.
- Should the holiday pay be included in the category of wages and benefits? Why or why not?
- Be the arbitrator. Should you rule for the union or the company? Give your reasons.
Holley, W. H., Jennings, K. M., & Wolters, R. S. (2012). The labor relations process (10th ed.) (pp. 521-525). Mason, OH: South-Western Cengage Learning.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!