Unit 4: Assignment Utilizing your Final’s organization, complete the following exercise in a two to three page paper:
• Job analysis usually begins with a detailed review of information previously collected to develop a framework for further analysis. Although prior information related to a job (major responsibilities, task dimensions, etc.) may exist, it may no longer be accurate; clarification of existing information may be necessary. Identify one particular job title within your organization. Analyze the job description and describe whether or not the information is still accurate or in need of further clarification. Do not include a copy of the job description itself (except as an addendum, if you wish). Discuss the steps you would take to perform an in-depth job analysis (What type of information would you collect? How would you collect it? Etc.). How do you think your job analysis would stand up to various criteria for judging the analysis? Given this type of reflection, discuss your opinion on the value of performing a job analysis.
• Now consider what you have learned about the job-based and people-based approaches to compensation. Discuss which structure you would recommend for your organization.
• Use at least two credible or scholarly research (not to exceed 20% of content) to support your thoughts. Make sure your Assignment includes the following:
1. Arrange job description(s)
2. Plan steps to perform the job analysis process
3. Analyze usefulness of job analyses
4. Discuss a plausible job analysis method To successfully complete the paper, the following are the minimum requirements:
• Complete a 2-3 page paper in APA format – 12 point font, double-spaced, indented paragraphs, citations, reference list, etc.
• Include introductory and summary paragraphs.
• Limit the use of direct quotations – instead, paraphrase and cite the author’s work. Reinforce your personal opinions with at least two credible or scholarly research articles (not to exceed 20% of content).
• Demonstrate your understanding of the weekly objective(s) through your response.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.