Read the IRB Guidebook: Introduction http://www.hhs.gov/ohrp/archive/irb/irb_introduction.htm
Use this information to help guide your understanding of the Belmont Report and the creation of the IRB.
Choose one of the research projects listed below. Research the project and write a short report of 500-750 words about your chosen project.
- The Tuskegee Syphilis Study
- Miligram’s Obedience Study
- Johnson’s Monster Study
- Project MKUltra
- Humphrey’s Tearoom Sex Study
- Zimbardo’s Prisoner-Guard Experiments
In your summary of research project include the following:
- What was the study about?
- Who was involved?
- What made the research unethical by IRB standards?
- How would you have conducted this experiment differently, or would you have conducted it at all? Explain.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!