Community-oriented nurses must apply policy in their communities. This assignment is designed to help you understand how nurses can work with political leaders to support health initiatives in the community. In this assignment, you will locate and interview a local health care administrator.
Interview your identified health care official or administrator. You will receive 3 hours towards your 15 hours of clinical experience for this activity. You must accurately record your hours and activity in your clinical log found in the syllabus.
During your interview, make sure you gather enough information to completely discuss the items needed in the final report. Use the six items below to create the questions you want to ask during the interview. Your final report of 3–5 pages should synthesize the information from the interview and use at least 4 peer-reviewed articles to address the following:
- Identify at least one health promotion initiative, explain its impact on the organization’s services, and describe the role of the health care official in that initiative.
- Discuss the purpose of the health initiative and its intended outcomes for individuals, families, and the community. Analyze the benefits of the intended outcomes on individuals, families, and the broader community.
- Assess the political process the health care official or administrator applied to influence and garner resources for the community health initiative.
- Identify one legal and one ethical issue related to the health care official or administrator’s role in advocating for social and individual/community health issues.
- Describe two strategies that the health care official or administrator uses to engage in new community health initiatives. Explain the strengths and weaknesses of each strategy as it relates to its use in the community health initiatives.
- Explain how you can integrate the information you learned from the interview into the role of the nurse in community health.
The title page and reference pages do not count as part of the page limit.
Make sure you write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- By the due date assigned, post your assignment to the Submissions Area.
- Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_RA2.doc.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.