Pt 1. For this assignment, identify a healthcare-related area of interest and create an outline for a realistic (but hypothetical) research proposal outline. Include the following sections in your outline:
Introduction – In a brief paragraph (5-7 sentences) explain your selected topic (i.e., Impact of Ebola among Americans Aged 25-30).
Problem Statement (i.e., The fear of Ebola contraction significantly lowers international travel among Americans Aged 25-30).
Purpose of Study – Identify the importance and significance of the study (5-7 sentences).
Literature Review – For this section, you will not complete an entire literature review; however, using the T. Library, find three scholarly publications that support your problem, and create an annotated bibliography. (For additional information on how to prepare an annotated bibliography, visit the following source:http://guides.library.cornell.edu/annotatedbibliography)
Methodology/Evaluation – Explain your research methods (i.e., qualitative, quantitative, mix-methods, etc.). In addition, identify the research tools you will use (i.e., survey, questionnaire, etc.) and how you will employ them.
Expectations – In a brief paragraph (5-7 sentences), explain what you expect to uncover in the research project.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Pt 2. Healthcare professionals must be able to read, interpret, and describe findings within a report.
You are employed by Trident International Hospital (TIH) as the Lead Healthcare Administrator. The organization is concerned about the rise of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) within the organization among patients and staff. You have been asked to supply a report that reviews data concerning HAIs.
Review and analyze the biostatistical report reviewing healthcare-associated infections (HAIs):
Magill, S. S., Edwards, J. R., Bamberg, W., Beldavs, Z. G…& Fridkin, S. K. (2014). Multistate point-prevalence survey of health care – associated infections. New England Journal of Medicine, 370:1198-1208. Retrieved from https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa1306801#t=articleResults
Write a 2- to 3-page report that includes the following sections:
- Introduction – In 1-2 paragraphs, review HAIs, the importance of controlling HAIs, and an explanation of how the data review in your report will justify their importance.
- Report Overview – In 1-2 paragraphs, explain the report goals and what they seek to prove. Do not directly repeat information in the report.
- Data Gathering Methods & Statistical Methods – In 1-2 paragraphs, review what statistical methods and tools were used (i.e., Data Gathering Methods – Interviews, Questionnaires, etc.; Statistical Methods – ANOVA, P-Test, etc.)
- Interpretation of Results – Review the results provided in the report and in your own words, provide a professional evaluation of the results in 1-2 paragraphs.
- Conclusion/Recommendations – In 1-2 paragraphs, provide a professional assessment on how TIH can use the results and apply the findings to reduce the occurrence of HAIs within the organization.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!