You are an informatics nurse specialist working in a healthcare organization that is merging with another organization of comparable size. As a result of the merger, funds have been designated to offer services in a satellite facility. You are responsible to lead the project committee in implementing a health information system (HIS) that meets current HITECH and HIPAA Security and Privacy regulatory requirements.
A. Discuss and analyze health information systems by doing the following:
1. Summarize advantages and disadvantages of a system, including the following:
2. Describe how a system will affect patient care and documentation.
3. Explain how using a system to access
information will affect the quality and delivery of nursing care and patient
B. Discuss how a system will benefit the organization by addressing the following:
1. Provide two ways that quality improvement (QI) data collected from a system can lead to measurable improvement in health care services and the health status of targeted patient groups.
2. Explain how a system will meet HITECH and HIPAA security standards and regulations, including the following:
• data storage integrity
• data backup and recovery
3. Explain how a system will protect patient privacy.
4. Describe how adopting a system will improve organizational efficiency and productivity by addressing the following factors to the organization, including the following:
• standardizing documentation
• reducing waste
• increasing productivity
• human and capital
C. Describe four essential stakeholder roles needed to form an interdisciplinary team to work on a system implementation, including the following:
• each team member’s title in the organization
• each team member’s role in the implementation of the health information system
• each team member’s expertise
and how it contributes to the success of the project
D. Discuss your plan
for evaluating the success of the implementation of a system by incorporating
two professional organization standards.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.