- .Reading several journal articles and summarizing their findings,figuring out how to get from one city to another,determining the average cost of a home in a given geographic area, locating a variety of scholarly articles on one topic, all of the above or none of the above
- According to the reading, formal academic research begins with what?a.A problem or a question .A discipline, A hypothesis, or an assumption.
- Which of the following is the best description of what the author’s mean by “the interpretation of data”?a.The way in which the researchers identify and gather the data they will study.The way in which researchers test their hypotheses.The way in which the researchers extract/make meaning from their gathered data.The way in which the researchers determine the assumptions on which the data is based
- According to the authors, for an activity to be considered formal research, it must include the interpretation of data. True
- Which of the following is NOT something that must occur for an activity to be considered formal research by the authors of the article?a.It must be guided by a specific problem, question, hypothesisb.It must follow a specific plan or procedurec.It must clearly articulate a goald.It must only include scholarly, peer reviewed sourcese.It must accept certain critical assumptions
- According to the article, which of the following is the best definition of the word hypothesis?a.It’s a wild guess about how your experiment will come outb.It is a reasonable guess to what will happen as a result of your research; research is often done to test a hypothesisc.It is the self-evident truth about a research project that researchers accept as a givend.It is a belief about the results of an experiment that is either proved or disproved by the experiment
- A hypothesis is never proved or disproved; it is either supported or not supported. True
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.