For this assignment, you will create a mini-unit plan containing three individual lesson plans designed for the students outlined in the “Class Profile.”
Using the Curriculum Based Measurement (CBM) probe and grade level you selected in Topic 6, select a corresponding standard from your state’s standards or Common Core State Standards on geometry to develop a learning target. Align one or more NCTM process standards with your learning target. Using these standards and learning target, create a mini-unit of three lesson plans using the “COE Lesson Plan Template.”
The mini-unit must include the use of THREE research-based math instructional strategies for teaching geometry and integrate teacher/student use of technology. You may use, as applicable, prior assignments from this course to complete the benchmark, provided that you incorporate feedback from your instructor.
In your mini-unit, design the three lesson plans so that they:
- Align to one or more of the items on your CBM probe, and show how the CBM probe is implemented in the class.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies and technologies that encourage the students’ development of critical thinking and problem solving.
- Use strategies that create opportunities for students’ active engagement in their learning and promote a supportive learning environment.
- Incorporate the use of digital resources to promote effective verbal, nonverbal, and media communication techniques while creating opportunities for active inquiry, collaboration, and supportive interaction in the elementary classroom.
- Integrate formative and summative assessment techniques that measure the learning targets of the lesson plans.
- Incorporate differentiated strategies into the technology, engagement, and assessment in order to meet the needs of all students in the “Class Profile.”
Along with the mini-unit, submit a 250-500 word rationale describing your reasoning for your instructional choices, explaining how you connected the content to student learning needs, and citing the research you used for your instructional strategies.
Submit the mini-unit plan and the rationale as one deliverable.
While APA style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!