Select a current public policy affecting early childhood education, and research it using a variety of resources–such as the Internet, libraries, and interviews–to gather your data.
Consider using the following organizations as resources when conducting your research:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Association for Childhood Education International
- United States Department of Education
Write a 1-page critique of the policy that includes the following:
- Major elements of the policy
- Implications of the policy for early childhood education
- Potential issues related to the policy in early childhood education
- Rationale or justification for your critique of the policy
Cite any sources according to APA guidelines.
Use the Internet to research the following topics:
Professional standards and qualifications for early childhood educators
Preparation programs and continuing education for early childhood educators
Codes of ethics that guide early childhood educators, including the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct
Consider how each of these topics relate to your future role as an early childhood educator.
Write a 350- to 525-word reflection that addresses the following questions:
How do you plan to prepare for your first job as an early childhood educator in order to meet the professional standards and qualifications for early childhood educators?
What type of programs might offer continuing education and/or support to you as a new teacher in the early childhood classroom?
Why is it important for teachers to abide by a code of ethics, such as those you studied? Provide specific examples to support your response.
Include an APA-formatted reference page.