Imagine that you have the educational background, skills, and abilities to be a database administrator. The XYZ company recently announced a vacancy for a database administrator position, and you are very interested because XYZ is known as a high-paying employer that is enjoyable to work for. Because a security breach at XYZ recently made the news, XYZ’s job posting has requested all applicants to include in their cover letter a brief description of how he or she would approach data security if awarded the position.
Research the qualifications necessary to obtain a database administrator position.
Read “Cover Letter Workshop – Formatting and Organization” from Purdue Online Writing Lab.
Write a 1- to 2-page cover letter briefly describing your (fictional) database administrator-related qualifications and outlining the reasons you believe you are the best candidate for the job. Your cover letter must include:
- A description of your education and database-related work experience
- Note: this description will likely not match your own actual education and experience. You will need to research and include the education and work experience appropriate to a successful candidate for a database administrator position unless your own personal background qualifies you for a database administrator position
- Your philosophy and approach to backing up relational data
- Your philosophy and several approaches to securing relational data and a rationale for each approach
- Address your cover letter to Mr. Ben Smith, Director of Human Resources.
Submit your cover letter.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.