Cybersecurity and Risk Management: Answer each bulleted question with 250 words or more.
- Identify one cyberattack that occurred in the last 2 years. What caused the cyberattack? Do not repeat an example that has been posted previously.
- How did the cyberattack impact data loss, financial loss, cleanup cost, and the loss of reputation?
- If you were the manager of this company, what are some key steps you would have taken to prevent and enhance cybersecurity?
- Recommend information that should be in the cloud and describe which information should not be in the cloud. Be sure to include in your recommendation your thoughts on preventing cyber attacks, addressing security concerns, or strengthening network infrastructure.
Assignment 2: 4 pages (4)Directions:You’ve just left an all-hands meeting at your company*. The CEO was very upset at the rise of shadow IT projects – a major indicator that the company’s internal information system has failed to meet its needs. Because the current information system is inadequate, inefficient, and outdated, the CEO is inviting everyone in the organization to propose a new operational, decision support, or enterprise information system to replace it. The executives have allocated $5 million to fund the most promising idea. This is your chance to make a difference in the company (not to mention your own career). Write your proposal as a memo that the entire C-suite will review. Include at least these points, in your own words, to be persuasive:
1. Identify the main functions of your proposed information system and why they are important to the business.2. Describe what types of data your information system will hold and how data quality will be ensured.3. Explain how the old information system handles the functions you mentioned, the problems that occur, and why your information system will handle things better.4. Offer evidence of feasibility: Show that similar information systems have been built successfully and that they save more money than they cost.The executives are busy, so keep your memo to 1-4 pages and avoid any extraneous content.*You may use a current or former employer, but do not disclose anything confidential. Or, you can pick another organization if you are familiar with their internal (not customer-facing) information systems. You can disguise the organization and populate it with famous names. Made-up companies are problematic because of the amount of detail and realism they require.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.