Face-to-Face with Customer Service
You practiced with CSR skills in the Learning Activity and Discussion and now will use those same skills to improve a customer interaction. Listen to the podcast of the following encounter between a customer and a Customer Service Representative (CSR) in a retail store. In this Assignment, you should focus in on what is communicated both verbally and non-verbally including intonation and the communicated attitude. Then write an essay analyzing this customer encounter addressing all of the checklist items.
Listen to the Podcast.
After reviewing the podcast, write an essay analyzing the scenario and addressing all of the checklist items below in a minimum of 2 pages [500 words] plus title and reference page using APA format and citation style. Indicate the issues with the customer and the CSR in this podcast scenario, using APA format and citation style.
Specifically address the following items in your analysis:
- Write an essay thoroughly analyzing the problems involved in this in-person encounter between the CSR and the customer.
- Analyze and explain what the CSR did wrong and what they should have done. Use the CSR skills list to address the situation.
- Discuss what you would do if you were the CSR’s supervisor to ensure that this situation did not happen again.
- Include one–two short quotes from either your textbook or a scholarly journal article from KU Online Library located in the home area of your course, to support your viewpoint. Make sure your citation(s) have an accompanying APA reference on the reference page.
There are three parts to an essay: Introduction, body, and summation.
- The first paragraph* or two introduces the reader to the topic of your paper.
- The body of the paper will address the questions in this particular assignment paper.
- Finish your paper with a final paragraph or two regarding a summary of what you determined and explained in the body of your paper.
* Remember to use at least 3 to 4 sentences in each paragraph.
- Use complete sentences in Standard American English, with correct grammar and spelling. Ensure that your analysis is logical, well-ordered, and insightful with each paragraph consisting of at least 3 – 4 sentences. Use APAformat and citation style and respond in a minimum of 2 pages (i.e. 500 words) with an additional title and reference page.