Transmitting personal and business data and information over secure communication channels is critical. In some cases it is required, especially when personally identifiable information is being transmitted. Credit card numbers, Social Security Numbers, online purchases, business orders, and so on must all be transmitted over secure communication channels. The Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) provides the most widely used secure communications technology. PKI relies on encryption.
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
- Compare and contrast symmetric encryption to asymmetric encryption.
- PKI uses digital certificates to encrypt / decrypt data. Analyze the process of encrypting and decrypting data using a digital certificate.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of using digital certificates.
- Evaluate the challenges related to public and private key management when using PKI.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Implement PKI and encryption solutions to ensure the confidentiality of business communications.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in access control.
- Write clearly and concisely about topics related to Security Access & Control Strategies using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!