Garnering all of the information about constitutional rights and the justice process you have received from this course and your understanding of the “personalities” of the U.S. Supreme Court, prepare a six to eight page paper (not including the APA title and references pages) in which you detail the history of the Supreme Court from 1953 to the present day as it relates to one of the specific issues listed below. Evaluate the terms of the Warren Court (1953-1969), the Burger Court (1969-1986), the Rehnquist Court (1986-2005), and the current Roberts Court (2005-present) to your chosen issue, listed below. Examine the political philosophies of each court, and indicate significant changes in the law concerning your chosen issue that was witnessed through each court’s era. Then, examine the current makeup of the U.S. Supreme Court and modern trends in constitutional law and criminal procedure. Based on current trends, discuss whether or not you believe the criminal justice process will fundamentally change or remain the same in the foreseeable future for your chosen issue.
Your paper will focus on the court process, judicial process, and constitutional issues for one of the following issues:
- The right against self-incrimination and the right to remain silent (U.S. Const. amend. V)
- The right to privacy for computer, Internet, and cell phone property and communications (U.S. Const. amend. IV)
- Search and seizure laws as applied to computer, Internet, and cell phone property and communications (U.S. Const. amend. IV)
- Right to counsel (U.S. Const. amend. VI)
- Capital punishment and cruel and unusual punishment (U.S. Const. amend. VIII)
- Right to trial in criminal proceedings (U.S. Const. amend. VI)
- National security considerations
You may choose a different issue, but you must obtain instructor approval by the end of Week Two.
The Final Paper must
- Be six to eight double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and be formatted according to APA style.
- Include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Use at least eight scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.