Read the assignment instructions for the Final Paper. Next, develop a formal outline for your Final Paper writing in full sentences (12 point font, Times New Roman font, double spaced). The outline must contain an introduction section with thesis statement, a body section that identifies the five conflict topics that you will use in your Final Paper and includes supporting material for each topic, and a conclusion section which reinforces the thesis statement established in the introduction. Be sure to include a bibliography with at least two of the sources that you will use for your Final Paper. Please make sure that the sources that you use are listed in the APA format.
Focus of the Final Paper
This course focuses on identifying types of conflicts and resolving conflicts through effective communication techniques. Your Final Paper will be an eight-to ten-page paper (excluding the APA title and reference pages) that will showcase what you learned about conflict and conflict resolution.
Identify a recent interpersonal, group, or organizational conflict that you were involved in and was later resolved. Select five of the topics listed below and discuss how they apply to your chosen conflict. You must use a minimum of five resources to help support your discussion of these topics. Be sure to focus on communication techniques that were used during the conflict management process. Argue whether the resolution to this conflict was a “best practices” approach to resolving this conflict.
Your paper must include an introduction paragraph that provides a high-level overview of your paper. In addition, your paper must include a strong conclusion paragraph that brings together the topics discussed. Remember not to introduce any new topics in your conclusion.
Conflict Topics for the Final Paper (select five)
- Why does conflict occur?
- Conflict management
- The positive and negative effects of conflict
- Role of personality types in conflict management
- Communication techniques
- Ethics and workplace conflicts
- Climate in a conflict situation
- Stress and anger
- Mediation and arbitration
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the APA checklist.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly resources, including a minimum of two.
- Must document all sources in APA style