Select a company with a significant e-commerce component. Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of their e-commerce strategy based upon the concepts and models forwarded in chapter 5 and any other strategic analysis tools gained in other courses that can enrich this analysis. Discuss such issues as the strategic choices they have made to achieve competitive advantage and their ability to actually realize this advantage as they have executed their strategy. Discuss whether you believe their chosen strategy is sustainable.
Analysis- 600 words
Using Microsoft as an example, discuss some of the challenges they have faced from disruptive innovation. What were these disruptive business models? Critique how Microsoft has responded to potential disruptive threats. Did they recognize these threats in a timely fashion? If not, what factors might have caused their blindness to these disruptive influences? Where has Microsoft been effective in addressing challenges from disruptive business models? If you were a high-level consultant to senior leadership at Microsoft, what recommendations would you offer in terms of emerging threats from disruptive technologies?
1. Evaluate the characteristics of e-commerce.
2. Demonstrate effective use of technology for communication.
3. Evaluate the effectiveness of an e-commerce Web site.
4. Explain the security and threats in the e-commerce environment.
5. Analyze basic concepts of consumer behavior and purchasing decisions.