Provide an opportunity for students to apply a technology solution to a business problem in a specific company or organization that adds value to the organization.
Week 1: Begin thinking of a business problem that could be solved with a technology solution for a company or organization you are familiar with. Use the Q&A Forum to ask questions and discuss your ideas about the project. See the Course Project Technical Areas for ideas.
Week 2: Complete the Course Project Proposal using this format:
Course Project Proposal (1-2 pages, 75 points, due week 2, properly cite any external sources used)
- Subject of Course Project
- Business problem statement
- Name of the company or organization
- Brief description of proposed solution
- General benefits it will provide the organization
- Audience to whom you are presenting the recommendation(s)
Weeks 3 -6: Based on the Professor’s feedback to your proposal, develop the Course Project. You are required to use a minimum of five credible sources for research on your proposed solution and to correctly cite all references using APA style. Make sure you do not use more than 20% material from other sources so that 80% of the paper should be your original words. Use the Q&A each week to ask questions about the project. See the suggestions below for ideas on ways to develop your project. Use this format for the project:
Course Project Table of Contents (10-15 pages, 225 points, due week 6)
Table of Contents
- Brief Company background
- Discussion of business problem(s)
- High level solution
- Benefits of solving the problem
- Business/technical approach
- Business process changes
- Technology or business practices used to augment the solution
- Conclusions and overall recommendations
- High-level implementation plan
- Summary of project
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.