Resources: Saving and Submitting Your Design in SmartDraw®
Your stakeholders would like to see your design ideas for your selected facility and would also like you to provide a summary of the project.
Open the template you chose from Week One in the SmartDraw® Designer. From that point, you will be able to modify the template and add the following information:
- The health care structure such as walls, doors, hallways, waiting areas, and related structural components
- Diagnostic and treatment space equipment and location
- Customer service and amenities, such as the reception desk, bathroom, shower, vending machine, and so forth
- Clinical support areas, such as nurse’s station, charting areas, and so forth
- Physician or dentist office space for patient consultation
- Administrative offices
- Building support, such as laundry, generator facilities, housekeeping, and so forth
- Mechanical equipment, such as space for laboratory equipment, radiology equipment, gases such as oxygen, and suctions
- Color and noise elements
- Regulatory elements such as Occupational Safety and Health Administration and ADA guidelines
- Sustainability options
- Other elements such as IT or creative healing environmental ideas
Save your design once it is completed.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word summary of your project that includes the following information:
- If this is a new facility or a renovation
- Reason you selected the facility
- Who are your stakeholders for this project
- What are your planning needs
- What are your planning goals
- Cost estimates for one room in your facility – provide a chart containing each item in the room, the items estimated cost, and a total for that one room.
- How would you handle budget planning
- What you learned from completing your own floor plan
- What is your rationale for design choices
- Any recommendations or suggestions for completing your floor plan differently – what would you do differently next time.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your Final Facility Design Project and your written assignment.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.