You are a financial analyst that is part of a chargemaster maintenance team. In the absence of the previous chargemaster coordinator, you are now responsible for chargemaster audits and maintenance process. You discover that chargemaster maintenance is three months behind. You quickly determine that you will not be able to complete chargemaster tasks in addition to your other job responsibilities. After reviewing research and literature on best practices for chargemaster management (i.e. updating codes, automation, audits, set charges, etc.), you decide to create a process for chargemaster maintenance. Present your findings and process in a proposal to the maintenance team.
For this assignment, you are to:
- Examine the selection and development of applications and processes for chargemaster and claims management.
- Compare examples that emphasize the methods for controlling cost by reducing errors.
In a written proposal:
1. Explain/ summarize the importance of claims management and chargemaster maintenance.
2. a. Identify at least three best practices.
b. Describe why they should be included in your chargemaster maintenance process.
3. Create a process for chargemaster maintenance.
Provide a visual/graphic display of your process.
Describe each step and/or component of the process.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.