Your capstone assignment for this course is a College and Career Success Portfolio. “Portfolio” is just a fancy way of saying “collection of documents,” and that’s exactly what this assignment is; a collection of the documents that show how you will achieve college and career success.
Read the directions below carefully before you begin.
STEP 1: CREATE THREE NEW WORD DOCUMENTS
1) A creative presentation of your personal mission statement. In the Week 10 Journal, you wrote a personal mission statement. Now, dress your mission statement up, Word document-style. Feel free to get creative with fancy fonts, formatting, clip art, and images. Show us your (Word) chops.
2) A short “welcome to the company” article, about you. Imagine it’s ten years in the future, and you have just landed your dream job. Your company’s newspaper publishes a short article about you. This 8 – 10 sentence article covers:
• What position you have taken with the company, and what you will be doing in this position
• Awards, honors, and recognitions from your career so far
• Prior job titles
• Anything else you’d like people in the company to know about you
3) A reflective paragraph OR visual. Your choice, on where you’ve been, where you are now, and where you’re going. Think back to the beginning of this course. How did you feel about college, your life, and your future? How do you feel about those things now?
In a short reflective paragraph (8 – 10 sentences) or a visual presentation (such as a Piktochart, Coggle, or Voki) compare You: Before and After. Paint us a picture of where you’ve been, where you are now, and where you’re going.
STEP 2: PUT TOGETHER YOUR WORD DOCUMENT
Put together all of these pieces of content in a SINGLE Word document, in the following order:
1) your “dressed up” personal mission statement
2) the “Welcome to the Company” article
3) your reflective paragraph or visual on “Where I’ve Been, Where I Am Now, and Where I’m Going”
Want to avoid endless copying-and-pasting?
Verify that your Word document contains all the required pieces using the LP10.2 Assignment Checklist.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP10.2 Assignment: College and Career Success Portfolio.”
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.