Choose a public company, and discuss the following:
- In your opinion, what is 1 long-term goal of the company? Explain your answer.
- What is a capital expenditure?
- Describe a capital expenditure of the company. Why is this item a capital expenditure? Explain your answer.
- How does this capital expenditure contribute to the long-term goals of the company as described earlier? Explain your answer.
- What are the challenges for the budget manager for this particular capital expenditure? Explain your answer.
- What is a potential solution for the budget manager? Explain your answer.
Homework Set #4: Chapters 9, 10, & 11
Due Week 8 and worth 100 points
Directions: Answer the following questions on a separate document. Explain how you reached the answer or show your work if a mathematical calculation is needed, or both. Submit your assignment using the assignment link above.
A. Bad Boys, Inc. is evaluating its cost of capital. Under consultation, Bad Boys, Inc. expects to issue new debt at par with a coupon rate of 8% and to issue new preferred stock with a $2.50 per share dividend at $25 a share. The common stock of Bad Boys, Inc. is currently selling for $20.00 a share. Bad Boys, Inc. expects to pay a dividend of $1.50 per share next year. An equity analyst foresees a growth in dividends at a rate of 5% per year. Bad Boys, Inc. marginal tax rate is 35%. If Bad Boys, Inc. raises capital using 45% debt, 5% preferred stock, and 50% common stock, what is Bad Boys cost of capital?
B. If Bad Boys, Inc. raises capital using 30% debt, 5% preferred stock, and 65% common stock, what is Bad Boys cost of capital?
C. On page 457, your textbook details the term Cannibalization. In your own words, identify two corporations that have dealt with cannibalization and what steps were taken to overcome the cannibalization. Please provide any citations and references. Please be articulate in your responses.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!