- What am I looking for in a paper? I will grade based on content, organization, readability, and grammatical correctness.
- Content includes your ideas as well as your research. Clear thesis statement. (This is not a book report).
- Organization includes external transitions (section to section) and internal transitions (paragraph to paragraph and sentence to sentence).
- Readability means how well the paper flows. Avoid wordiness and the passive voice. Don’t start your sentences with “it is” or “there are.”
- Grammatical correctness includes spelling and other grammar errors including subject-verb agreement.
- This paper must be 2000 words at a minimum. Be sure you are meeting the word count.
Point Distribution: Your grade will be reported to you in the number of points you earned. To figure out your letter grade, take the number of points and divide it by 175. For example, 140 points divided by 175 = .8 which is an B.
Late policy: If work is due at midnight, then 12:01 is late. Late work will receive no higher than a C for 1 day late, no higher than 50% for 2 days late, and a 0 for anything after 2 days.
Guidelines and Tips
· After you write your paper, read each word out loud. You will find most of your errors.
· Don’t forget Park’s writing lab as a resource.
· Edit your finished draft at least twice (once for organization and once for grammar mistakes).
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.