Goods and Services Marketing
The success of a product or a company in the marketplace is highly dependent on the target markets ability to distinguish a given product from another. One way this is accomplished is through branding. When it comes to branding, companies must make complex decisions that will have a prolonged effect on the perception of the product and company in the marketplace. In this discussion, you will discuss product placements based on brand name marketing in the film industry.
Product placement deals have been a common practice in the film industry for quite some time, but the focus on placing popular brands in movies and television shows was never as important as it is today. To execute this Assignment, watch one of your favorite television shows or a recent popular movie and discover a brand of a product that is featured in the plot of the story. Pay close attention, sometimes it can be tricky to identify a popular brand being featured if your mind is not consciously looking for it.
Directions to complete this Assignment:
- Read Chapter 10 in your textbook to understand how companies make branding decisions.
- Download an explanation of marketing uses for brandingÂ here.
- Watch the video interview segment with a well-known management consultant, Tom Peters, by going to the YouTubeâ„¢ video at:Â https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgyLq7m1WJAÂ to view Brand, Design, and Differentiation (Tom Peters Company Â©1999-2014) to supplement your understanding of product branding Filmed by BVO in 2009.
Used by permission of Tom Peters. SeeÂ www.tompeters.comÂ for additional information.
Checklist:Â In 250 words or more, answer the following questions:
- Identify the television show or recent movie you watched, and introduce the brand of a consumer product that you found was featured in the plot of the story.
- Discuss the type of consumer product (convenience, shopping, specialty, unsought) you identified in the plot of the story. Explain your answer.
- Discuss how the television show or movie increases or decreases the brand equity of the product.
- Describe the brand strategy of the product you identified within the plot of the story.
Directions for Submitting this Assignment:
Review the grading rubric below before beginning this activity. Respond in a Microsoft Word document in a minimum of 250 words to the checklist items above using APA format and citation style. Make sure to include an additional Title and references page.
For additional help with your writing and APA citation, please visit the Kaplan University Writing Center accessed from the home area of this course. Save your Assignment titled per the example (Ex: TAllen-MT219 Assignment-Unit 7.docx) and submit your file by selecting the Unit 7: Assignment Dropbox by the end of Unit 7.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.