Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Poetry is a form of writing with a distinctive style and rhythm. Some poetry rhymes, but other genres include free-form, narrative, and lyrical poetry.
Choose 1 of the four approved themes to write on:
- Nature (elements of the natural world, the place of people in the natural order, the relationship between humans and nature)
- Time (the passing of time, memory, reflections on the nature of the present or of the future)
- America (what makes America unique, American voices, differing perspectives)
- Inspiration (the meaning of life, success, honor in the modern world)
Complete the following:
- Write a poem of 10–20 lines about your chosen theme.
- Include imagery and sensory language (e.g., sight, sound, smell, touch, and taste).
- Post your poem on the Discussion Board.
In 2–3 paragraphs, discuss the following:
- Describe the process you used to write the poem (e.g., how did you go about choosing the topic?).
- Why did you choose to rhyme or not rhyme?
- Did you find this easy or difficult to write? Explain your answer.
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!