Complete a research essay on the government and national security. Remember this is being written for the president to read.
Here are the aspects and questions to address for this essay:
- Identify a current issue being debated about American national security.
- Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
- Evaluate which one is preferable.
- Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the federal government).
- Address the responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
- 500 word minimum and 600 word maximum length, not including references listed at the end or footnotes if used.
- Incorporation of concepts and terms from the required readings.
- Inclusion of facts from a recent news article about the topic/solution.
- Correct spelling, grammar, and formatting, whether it’s APA, MLA, or Chicago/Turabian.
Phase1: Case Study: National Infrastructure Protection Plan
On your first day as an Information Systems Security director, you met with the Chief Information Officer. During the meeting, he revealed to you his deep concerns about the Infrastructure Protection Plan. He asked you to read the Department of Homeland Security. (2009). National Infrastructure Protection Plan.
Since he realizes that you are new to this position he asked you to deliver the final plan, memo and budget in 7 weeks (week 8) but he setup 3 checkpoints for you to deliver parts of the plan to ensure consistent progress of the deliverables before the big presentation in week 8.
Phase 1: Memo
In this phase, you need to create 3-5 page professional memo about your assessment of what needs to be done to meet the standards based on the National Infrastructure Protection Plan. You need to make sure that the language in the memo is clear of free of errors. You also need to be creative in presenting this information to capture the most important points from the National Infrastructure Protection Plan. You need to demonstrate critical thinking to prioritize the action items based on your findings.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.