Directions: It is important to give credit to the author of the work you are using to prevent plagiarizing. For this assignment, you are going to complete an exercise to properly cite 5 sources in proper APA format. Using the following information, format these sources according to APA guidelines.
Remember to refer to Chapter 21 of your textbook for citation examples. Pages 433-434 has a sample Reference page which is a great example of how your assignment should be formatted.
- A book written by James A. Reinking and Robert von der Osten titled Strategies for Successful Writing. The book was published as the 10th edition in 2014 by Pearson in New Jersey.
- An article written by John T. Flanagan and Raymond L. Grimer and titled Mexico in American Fiction to 1850. The article was published in 1940 in a journal called Hispania. It appears on pages 307-318. The volume number is 23.
- An online article with no author titled Robert Frost: A Reader Response Perspective. The article appears on the online journal Off the Wall and had a location of . The article is listed with the date May 8, 2003, but you found it on January 4, 2004.
- An article written by James E. Cook and titled Alexander Hamilton. The article appears on pages 31 and 32 of the World Book Encyclopedia, Volume 9, published in 1996.
- A book written by Magdalena Dabrowski and Rudolph Leopold and titled Egon Schiele. The book was published in 1997 by the Yale University Press in New Haven, Connecticut.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP02.1 Assignment: APA Reference Page.” This assignment is worth 100 points and will be graded according to the scoring guide below.
|20 – 18||Name of author(s), title of article/book/journal, publisher information, and dates are all formatted correctly. Punctuation is correct; there are no spelling errors.|
|17 – 16||There is one error in the formatting of the reference. There is no more than one spelling/punctuation error.|
|15 – 14||There are two errors in the formatting of the reference. There are no more than two spelling/punctuation errors.|
|13 – 12||There are three errors in the formatting of the reference. There are no more than three spelling/punctuation errors.|
|11 – 0||There are multiple errors in the formatting of the reference. There are multiple spelling/punctuation errors.|
|1.||Source 1 was properly formatted according to APA guidelines.|
|2.||Source 2 was properly formatted according to APA guidelines.|
|3.||Source 3 was properly formatted according to APA guidelines.|
|4.||Source 4 was properly formatted according to APA guidelines.|
|5.||Source 5 was properly formatted according to APA guidelines.|
LP02.2 Assignment: Summarize vs. Paraphrase
Directions: For this assignment, you will need to read the essay on pages 490-494 in your textbook called “Accidental Discoveries” by Lexi Krock. Then, in a Word document, submit your responses to the below questions.
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.