This assignment will assess the following competency: 3. Develop instructional writing skills.
Directions: For this assignment, you will submit a cover memo and an original set of instructions introducing the instructions to your readers. The cover memo should be the first page, followed by the instructions.
Write a set of instructions for one task that you are familiar with for an audience who is not familiar with your topic. The instructions must be 1-2 pages. Topics may include but are not limited to:
• How to avoid plagiarism
• How to proofread your written work
• How to give a peer review
• How to search for and find scholarly, peer-reviewed articles
Key concepts to include:
• Instructions should be clear and concise.
• Instructions should be organized in a “user-friendly” manner.
• Instructions should include definitions or clarifications for advanced terminology.
• Instructions should include warnings/cautions.
• Instructions should include pictures/diagrams to help clarify instructions (use if needed; not required).
Along with the instructions, submit a cover memo addressed to your instructor discussing the following questions:
• What is the purpose of your instructions?
• Who is your intended audience?
• How did you organize the instructions (step by step, bullet list, narrative format, etc.) and why did you choose that format?
• What were the warnings/cautions you needed to include?
**The cover memo must be 250-500 words.*
|1.||Memo is in proper format and discussed the purpose of the instructions and the intended audience.|
|2.||Memo discussed how the writer organized the instructions (step by step, bullet list, narrative format, etc.) and why the writer chose that format.|
|3.||Instructions are clear and concise.|
|4.||Instructions are organized in a “user-friendly” manner.|
|5.||Instructions include definitions or clarifications for advanced terminology and includes warnings/cautions and is free of grammar and spelling errors.|
Need help with this assignment or a similar one? Place your order and leave the rest to our experts!