Aaron Hernandez was a professional athlete, having played for the New England Patriots. In 2013, he was accused of murdering a mutual friend, Odin Lloyd. In 2015, he was convicted of the Lloyd murder.
You may conduct your own research in answering the questions below, but also consider the following two links for support:
After reviewing the information provided, submit a three (3) page paper using the format below and answering the following questions supported by specific authority from the links provided. Use must use 1 inch margins and 1.5 line spacing, as well as 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial.
1. Give a brief overview of the facts of the case, including an explanation of the specific statute(s) under which the defendant was charged and/or convicted and the ultimate outcome of the case
2. Give a brief explanation of the burden of proof, which is proof beyond a reasonable doubt in a criminal prosecution.
3. Give a brief explanation of why the Hernandez trial was so important to the prosecution of crimes in the United States.
B. Opening Statements
1. Which attorney was most persuasive?
2. Which attorney gave the jury more significant facts to consider?
C. Establishing/Challenging a Prima Facie Case for Murder
1. Name one key witness who helped establish a prima facie case of homicide for the prosecution or challenged a prima facie case for the defense, and explain why he or she helped or hurt the prosecution of the case.
1. What other evidence (than testimony) was significant in establishing or challenging a prima facie case of murder?
E. Closing Arguments
1. Describe why one was more persuasive than the other, and how the jury would have been persuaded one way or the other based on the closing statements.
F. Outside Factors
1. What, if any, outside factors (media, public opinion, etc.) affected the trial and/or the outcome of the case and how did they do so? (What book?)
G. Concluding thoughts
H. As a budding criminal justice scholar, discuss briefly why this case is important to the study of criminal justice and criminal prosecution, and how reading primary documentation about it has changed your own perspective on the case.
1. Submit a three (3) page paper using the format above and answering the listed questions supported by specific authority from the links provided.
2. Use must use 1 inch margins
3. 1.5 line spacing,
4. 12pt font, preferably Times Roman or Arial
Do you need help with this assignment? Or a different one? We got you covered.